Maidstone Intermediate specialises in the learning needs of Year 7 and 8 students.
Our school focuses on providing a dynamic, student-centred learning environment in the very important years of pre-adolescent growth and development. We are about creating opportunities to nurture and develop the strengths and talents of all ākonga.
Our school is proud in committing to:
- Employing teachers who have a passion for teaching pre-adolescents
- Creating a curriculum that is both challenging and addresses the needs of all ākonga
- Providing a variety of teaching and learning approaches across all learning environments
- Presenting programmes and policies that foster health, wellness and safety
- Arranging comprehensive guidance and support services
Maidstone Intermediate is situated in park-like grounds just south of Upper Hutt City overlooked by the Akatarawa, Remutaka and Tararua Ranges. The school is approximately 30 minutes north-east of Wellington, and on the doorstep of many facilities and community centres such as H2O Extreme, Kaitoke Regional Park, Expressions Whirinaki Arts and Entertainment Centre and Staglands Wildlife Reserve.
The Maidstone name comes from the town of Maidstone in Kent (England) where a group of Upper Hutt settlers came from. The school opened in 1970.