PB4L @ MIS
Click here for more information:
Philosophy: We will build a culture within the school community where positive behaviour for learning is shown in all that we do.
- Positive behaviour is a prerequisite to improving the engagement and achievement of our children and young people,
- Positive behaviour can be learnt, and difficult and disruptive behaviour can be unlearnt,
- Individual children are not a ‘problem’ – we need to provide the support and environment to help them to behave in an appropriate and socially positive manner,
- Punishing and isolating children doesn’t bring about long-term and sustainable changes in their behaviour,
- We need to focus on evidence-based programmes and frameworks that we know work,
- There are no quick fixes and that behaviour change takes time.
- Show courtesy and respect towards staff, students and our community,
- Show consideration and kindness toward others,
- Listen to, and follow instructions given by staff,
- Behave in a safe and responsible manner,
- Wear the appropriate school uniform at all times,
- Treat school and the property of others, with care and respect.
- How do we acknowledge positive behaviour?
- How do we discourage disruptive behaviour?